Sunday, March 24, 2013

PE1 Reflection and PE2 Goals

Reflection:
In this PE, I was hoping to increase the fluency of my speech by decreasing the frequency and length of pauses I take to think of the correct word/conjugation. I also wanted to improve my speed, pitch and rhythm. しばた先生's comments told me that my pitch was actually my biggest problem, so I worked to improve that. To that end, I did a bunch of shadowing and really tried to copy the pitches I heard exactly. I think I did pretty well with that, but I still need to work on producing the correct pitches when I'm free speaking and don't have a guide.

Goal:
For the next PE, I'm going to continue working on pitch. To ensure that I know the correct pitches of all new vocab, I'm going to listen to the recordings provided on the textbook CD and hopefully go back and listen to previous chapters' recordings as well. To practice, at least one of my PE recordings will be free speaking.

Activities:

  • Listen to textbook CD recording of vocab words
  • Attend しばた先生's office hours at least once, but maybe more
  • Shadow 15 minutes every other week in addition to PE requirements
  • Practice free speaking at least once every other week

No comments:

Post a Comment